French tour- Favourite photos I've taken #1 with French subtitles

Hello everyone!
Bonjour toute le monde!

Il y a mes photos. J'espère que tu les aimerais.

Sorry, I know I said I would post as often as I can, and its almost been a month since my last post :/ haha. I am going to write a few now to compensate, and I'm kind of in the mood to write.


I really love taking photos, despite how frustrating it can get when the lighting isn't right, when the subject isn't photogenic, (KIDDING OMG) sorry I'm in a weird mood :p, the angle isn't right, it isn't well focused or when you look back and there's someone/something ruining your shot, or there's an annoying reflection...basically there are a lot of things to take into consideration when taking photos and even with that being said, these photos definitely aren't perfect but lets overlook that?

I love taking photos of anything...architecture, nature, food (yeah I'm that person), people, animals, myself...hahaha joking again.

Today I wanted to post some of my favourite pictures I've taken from my French trip and recommend some attractions, if you are considering travelling to France, to see.

This post features pictures from France, as I went there Sept-Oct last year for an exchange. My accent improved, I will say and it's so much fun to travel with your friends.



The trip was spilt up into 3 main parts, 6 days in Paris, 8 days in Aix-les-Bains and 4 in Nice.

PARIS






































Premierement, il y a le tour de eiffel.



I probably took close to 50 pictures of the Eiffel tower (no exaggeration, 70% of my photos are outtakes as taking a good shot means choosing the best out of a lot) but this one is probably the most unique. Still isn't that unique, but the other ones I took resemble thousands of ones you can find on the internet. And face can be kinda boring, lets be real. Especially when you've seen it 100 times before.

We climbed up 669 steps, and climbed down them too... as we were banned from taking the lift. Haha. It did make it really fun though.(We took a lift to the very top as I don't think you can climb to the very top)

I'm pretty sure we all googled how many steps there are so that everyone back home didn't think we were just being whiny about how many stairs we climbed during the trip. I mean, when you mention a figure like that, people sympathize with you and are impressed. :p










































Not the best quality, I know. Was also taken on a moving boat. Anyway, would definitely suggest seeing the Eiffel tower at night as well as during the day.



































I know European streets can tend to look pretty similar, but regardless, I still love the lampposts and buildings each time I see them.


                                                                                                                       












































































I like this photo as the darker tonal values from the cars and road contrast with the lighter ones on the buildings. The sky was overcast, which is why it looks very bright.



































Deuxièmement, il y a des cathédrales. Ici, 
voici sacré coeur. 
Les cathédrales sont tres belle.

Sacré Coeur! /Montmatre. This is such a beautiful cathedral! The spiral stairs to the top were hell though. So narrow and well...spiral. So you feel like simultaneously throwing up and falling down. I'm not being dramatic. :p and there were around 300+ of them.










































A bit of a closer shot. I also remember how we climbed down halfway on the wrong staircase(we were given the various different directions and got confused) and then people got very mad at us.

































I took this from the top of the hill. This is such a lovely part of Paris, would definitely recommend if you get the opportunity!









































Opera Garnier. We visited here three times, once in the daytime, and twice at night because they booked us in to watch the ballet for the wrong day...:/ We were all extremely tired though, I look half dead in the pics my friends took of me haha.

And we all, at some point fell asleep during the performances, which took almost 2.5 hours. This wasn't a reflection of the dancers skills btw, it was just a very long day of walking around in which we started from 8, and came back at almost 12.
Ah, this photo is terrible. Looks way better in person.

































This is jardin de tuileries, which is really near Le Louvre. We didn't get the chance to go to that museum unfortunately because the line was extremely long.













































Notre dame! Il y avait trop d'escaliers spirales. C'était fatigant!




Arc De Triomphe









































Champs-Elysees has amazing shops, btw. We didn't get too spend that much time there as we mainly spent our time eating at a restaurant. #priorities



















View of Paris from the top of Arc de Triomphe. Less stairs, only about 100.




















Other view of Paris from Arc de Triomphe.



AIX-LES BAINS

































My host sister's parents drove me up to this lookout point on the first day of the home stay. You can see Mont Blanc from here, but not too well to be honest :p

Aix is such a pretty city! So much natural beauty. Low population too, so completely different (in a good way) to Paris. Aix isn't too close to Paris, as it is located in the south east, but it is definitely worth the trip. The thermal spa was really nice too.




































We were very high up, as you can see. How beautiful is this view though! (Love heart eyes)












Mountains and Lac du Bourget.














 



Ground level, view from Annecy. Lovely town.














































Annecy is really near Aix too, driving distance.
















































































My host sister did horse riding, and here's a cute photo of the horses.



NICE


Most of the time spent in Nice was spent travelling to nearby cities like Cannes, Geneva, Antibes, Yvoire and Monte Carlo(not happy with any of my pics from there, so there's none here..I'm also pretty sure my phone had died during it so I didn't have much of an opportunity for lots of photo taking :/)

Nice is so near lots of great cities! And the hostel was right next to a Sephora, so really I couldn't have asked for a better located hostel to stay at. I don't mind the city Nice itself, but I will say after Aix, it didn't really compare.























Yvoire is a really small town, yet I really enjoyed going around and taking photos of it.









Look at these cute donkeys :)




















That isn't a swan corpse, btw, it was alive.



































Love coastal towns/cities.




Nice
Geneva































Nice's beach! Not impressed, (pebbles as sand?) I mean, I live in Australia... haha. It was fun to chill there though.









Antibes
Côte D'azur





Cannes. Look, sand! :p



This was such an amazing trip, hope you guys enjoyed the photos. 
I took so many more but I wasn't really happy with quite a few of them. In fact, it makes me mad to see how the pictures of the River Seine turned out.

Tu me manques....le France.



Thanks for reading!
xx


Comments

Popular Posts